SICOM SYSTEMS, INC.
As you may be aware, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), a new regulation that requires businesses to protect the personal data and privacy of customers residing in the European Economic Area and Switzerland, will come into effect on May 25, 2018. Because of the way that SICOM operates, providing technology solutions to our customers, we may process personal information from our customers’ employees and guests.
In order to ensure compliance with GDPR and consistent with our commitment to privacy and to our customers, we have been reviewing GDPR and its impact on our operations.
Among other things, we are:
- working with our customers to ensure that they understand how we collect and safeguard personal information;
- considering how we can assist our customers in honoring requests for access, correction and deletion under GDPR;
- evaluating the security procedures for personal data collected by our systems and technology;
- ensuring that any transfer of data out of the EEA and Switzerland is handled appropriately, including completing our certification under the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles; and
- updating our terms of service to include the required GDPR data processor provisions governing the processing of the personal data that our customers control.
We welcome your questions and any concerns you may have about GDPR and our commitment to compliance. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us by email at email@example.com or by telephone at 1.215.489.2500.