- What information does SICOM collect?
- How does SICOM use personal information?
- How does SICOM share personal information?
- How does SICOM protect personal information?
- How long does SICOM retain my personal information?
- What are my choices concerning my personal information?
- What is SICOM’s policy on children’s privacy?
- Access and Correction
- Transfer of personal information to the United States
- Contacting us
In furtherance of our commitment, SICOM has certified compliance under the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield (“Privacy Shield”), as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce, the European Commission and the Swiss Administration regarding the transfer, collection, use and retention of personal data made to U.S. organizations from the Member States of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and Switzerland. More information on our Privacy Shield certification can be found by reviewing our Privacy Shield Statement
or by accessing www.privacyshield.gov/
2. What information does SICOM collect?
Information that our Customers give us or is made available to us through our Customers:
SICOM does not control how the data collected in this fashion is used. SICOM only uses this data at the request and convenience of our Customers and their brand franchisors. Customers are responsible for complying with all notices, notifications and alerts to individuals whose information is entered into our systems or portals. In all cases, if we are collecting data on behalf of a Customer, that Customer is required to provide any required notification to its employees, agents or guests and to obtain such employees’, agents’ or guests’ consent to the extent their personal information may be shared with us and included in our services.
Information we collect automatically:
- We may collect personal information, such as name, address, credit card information, email address and phone number from our Customers’ guests and employees through our POS systems or other services;
- We may collect personal information, such as name, address, phone number, government identification number, time and attendance, and other information of our Customers’ employees in connection with our enterprise management solutions and systems; and
- We may collect personal information from our Customers’ employees, agents or guests when they contact our customer service representatives or otherwise interact with us, including through www.sicom.com or other websites or online services or portals sponsored by us (the “Sites”).
A cookie is a small piece of information that a website, online application or email may save to your browser or your computer’s hard drive for use in subsequent visits to the website or online application. The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive new cookies or how to disable cookies altogether. If you reject cookies, you may not be able to participate in certain activities or receive a promotion tailored to you. SICOM does not control and does not guarantee the effectiveness of browser-based tools for managing cookies.
SICOM may participate in interest-based advertising, and information automatically collected from the Sites may be used by SICOM or our service providers for that purpose. This means that you may receive communications and see advertising on the Sites or other websites tailored to you, including how you browse on the Sites or other websites. You have the choice to tell us not to collect and use this information, and in some jurisdictions, Customers may be required to obtain employees’ opt-in for this type of advertising. As described above, you can restrict cookies through your browser’s cookie control mechanisms, which will prevent or limit the delivery of targeted advertising to you. In addition, or alternatively, you can get more information and opt-out of online advertising by many third party advertisers and ad networks by visiting http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!/.
Please note that most opt-out mechanisms are cookie-based and will only affect the specific computer and browser that is used to submit an opt-out request. If you have multiple computers or devices, or use multiple browsers, you will need to submit opt-out requests for each such computer or browser.
SICOM may use Google Analytics to evaluate use of the Sites for our internal purposes, including to better understand and enhance our advertising. To learn how Google Analytics collects and processes data, please visit: “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
Additionally, if you are subscribed to any of our services, we will track:
- Your Internet protocol (IP) address, MAC address or other device identifier;
- The kind of browser or computer you use;
- The number of links you click within the Sites;
- The state or country from which you accessed the Sites;
- The date and time of your visit to the Sites;
- The name of your Internet service provider;
- The web pages you linked to our Sites from; and
- Pages you viewed on the Sites.
Do Not Track (DNT): This is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers, allowing users to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. At the present time, the World Wide Web Consortium, or W3C, has not yet established universal standards for recognizable DNT signals, and therefore SICOM and the Sites do not recognize DNT.
- Your login ID; and
- Any changes, edits, or alterations made via the SICOM-hosted web application.
3. How does SICOM use personal information?
We may use your personal information for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to:
In some jurisdictions, individuals may have the right to access their information and/or to withdraw consent from certain uses. If you reside in such jurisdictions, you may have additional rights which are detailed in the Access, Correction and Deletion section below.
- Delivering our services and Sites to our Customers and their guests;
- Processing and completing Customer POS transactions, whether at a restaurant counter, a self-order kiosk or thorough a mobile application;
- Responding to Customer requests;
- Evaluation of our services and Sites to improve, tailor and better serve our Customers;
- Verifying and validating the identity of Customer employees or Customer guests;
- Keeping a record of our interactions with our Customers if you place an order or otherwise interact with our representatives over the telephone or online;
- Preventing, investigating or providing notice of fraud, unlawful or criminal activity, or unauthorized access to or use of personal information, the Sites or data systems or to meet legal obligations; and
- Conducting surveys on the quality of our products, services or customer service or providing our Customers with offers for additional products and services that may be of interest to them.
4. How does SICOM share personal information?
With our Service Providers: SICOM may share personal information with our service providers which perform services on our behalf. Some examples of things that service providers do that may involve your personal information include:
In all cases, our business partners and service providers will be contractually limited in the way they may use personal information maintained by SICOM, including requirements that such information be maintained in a confidential and secure manner.
As directed by our Customers: Depending on our Customers’ instructions, SICOM may also share certain personal information with the relevant brand franchisors or their affiliates. Customers have been advised through SICOM’s System Terms and Conditions and Service Terms and Conditions, as applicable, that SICOM is headquartered in the United States and that data collection facilities may be hosted in the United States or other locations where data protection laws may be of a lower standard compared to the country from which the data was sent. If a Customer requests the Sites or services to process, transmit or store any personal information, as that term may be defined by applicable law, the Customer (i) agrees to limit such use to the minimum necessary for management of its operations and (ii) agrees to comply with all requirements provided under applicable law.
In Connection with Business Transfers: In the event that a division, a product or all of SICOM is acquired, sold or otherwise transferred, or is in the process of a potential transaction, personal information will likely be shared for evaluation purposes and included among the transferred business assets.
To Comply with Laws: SICOM may also disclose specific personal information when such disclosure appears necessary to comply with applicable law, a subpoena in the course of managing a dispute, governmental inquiry or other litigation process. We may also disclose information to our accountants, auditors, agents, lawyers and other advisors in connection with the enforcement or protection of our legal rights or to protect the interests or safety of our Customers, our Customers’ guests or employees or others, in accordance with or as authorized by law.
- Developing, hosting, and maintaining the Sites and providing certain services on our behalf;
- Authorizing of credit card and other financial transactions for our Customers and their guests; and
- Aggregating and/or analyzing personal information in order to help deliver the Sites and services to our Customers.
5. How does SICOM protect personal information?
SICOM uses industry-standard technology on the Sites and in connection with our services to help protect personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Personal information received from our Customers or others in connection with the Sites or services is stored on servers that SICOM has attempted to secure from unauthorized access or intrusion. “Secure Socket Layer,” or SSL technology, is used to encrypt personal information transmitted to SICOM through the Sites and in connection with our services. SICOM will notify Customers of any loss of data or breach of its security measures which has resulted in the loss or unauthorized access, disclosure, use or acquisition of Customer’s personal information (including hard copy records) or otherwise presents a potential threat to such information, as required by law.
6. How long does SICOM retain my personal information?
Personal information that we collect, access or process will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected, unless otherwise provided for under services contract with Customers or as required or authorized by law. Personal information that is no longer required to fulfil the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased or made de-identified or anonymous.
7. What are my choices concerning my personal information?
SICOM depends on our Customers to notify and provide their guests and employees choices regarding the personal information that they provide. Customers are therefore responsible for notification of purpose and for obtaining appropriate consent, to the extent required by law, when they collect personal information that is transferred to SICOM. Any such personal information that is transferred by our Customers to be processed shall be deemed to have been collected with appropriate notification and consent and SICOM assumes no responsibility for obtaining or validating that appropriate consent has been obtained.
In addition, as part of the services, our Customers may use personal information that we have collected on their behalf for their own communication and promotional purposes. Customers are responsible for ensuring that any commercial emails sent by them to their employees or guests comply with applicable law. If we are instructed by our Customers to transmit communications on their behalf, Customers remain responsible for ensuring that recipients have consented to receiving such communications and that the information contained in the communications are accurate and complete. Subject to applicable law, SICOM assumes no responsibility for validating that appropriate consent has been obtained or that information contained in communications sent by SICOM on behalf of its Customers are accurate and complete.
- Mail marketing, Telephone marketing, Surveys and Quality control communications. You may decide that you prefer SICOM not to use your personal information to promote new and/or additional products and/or services which may be of interest to you and refuse that we contact you by mail or telephone for marketing purposes or by email or telephone for quality control purposes. If this is the case, you may advise us by contacting customer service or contacting us using the information detailed in the Contacting us section below.
- Emails/Commercial Electronic Communications. You can always limit the communications that SICOM sends to you. To opt-out of commercial emails, simply click the link labeled “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” at the bottom of any commercial electronic communication we send you. Please note that even if you opt-out of promotional communications, we may still need to contact you with important information about your account.
9. What is SICOM’s policy on children’s’ privacy?
SICOM and our Sites and services are not directed toward children and we do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information online from children under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. If SICOM learns that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personal information online without parental consent, we will take all reasonable measures to delete such information from our databases and to not use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required or allowed by law). If you become aware of any personal information we have collected from children under age 13, please contact us using the information detailed in the Contacting us section below.
10. Access, Correction and Deletion
SICOM respects your right to access and correct your personal information. If you need assistance correcting or updating your personal information, please contact us using the contact information detailed in the Contacting us section below. Customers are responsible for managing any request made by its employees or guests regarding access to and rectification of their personal information that is transferred to us. You may exercise your rights, subject to applicable laws, to request that we delete or restrict access to your personal data. We may need to retain it for legally permitted purposes and this will be explained to you if necessary.
11. Cross-border transfer of personal information
In some cases, personal information that we manage, including information from our Customers and their employees and/or guests located in various countries, including in Canada, the EEA and Switzerland or relative to sales queries or visitors to the Site may be transferred to the United States. You understand that your personal information may therefore be transferred, processed and stored outside of your country of residence, and therefore may be available to government authorities under lawful orders and laws applicable in such foreign jurisdictions. As noted above, SICOM has certified compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. For more information, please see our our Privacy Shield Statement or by accessing www.privacyshield.gov/.
13. Contacting us
USA (SICOM Headquarters)
1684 South Broad Street
Lansdale, Pennsylvania 19446